Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cloth Transmog: Violet Sorceress

I make a lot of mail and plate sets so why not do a cloth one? I asked twitter what I should make and  Dee over at Dancing Runes suggested I do a cloth set. Cloth has some beautiful robes, I decided, however to do a two piece and I think it turned out pretty well. Whenever I do a transmog I try not to use higher end pieces from current content, because I want my transmogs to be available to almost everyone. So let's get into how this set is made!


Head - Cowl of Malefic Repose (ICC 10H)
Shoulders - Shoulders of Ruinous Senility (ICC 10H)
Chest - Barbaric Cloth Vest (BoE world drop. Most frequently drops in Wailing Caverns)
Legs - Kilt of Untreated Wounds (ICC 10H)
Feet - Boots of the Infernal Coven (Karazhan drop)
(you could probably substitute a lot of other boots since you can barely see them anyway)
Hands - Hallowed Handwraps (Shattered Halls drop)
Belt - High Councillor's Sash (BoE world drop)
Staff - Staff of Infinite Mysteries (Karazhan drop)
Cloak (Optional) - Periwinkle Cloak (Throne of the Tides normal drop)

We have 3 peices here which will probably be most difficult to get, which are the legs, helm and shoulders which are recolors of warlock tier 10. Everything else doesn't seem too bad and we even have some BoE's on here (though they are world drops which can still be very difficult to get). I hope you enjoy this set as much as I do. I'd really like to set this up on my priest because I love the deep colors and the rich bright and dark purples.

8 comments:

  1. Holy crap! I LOVE it!!! =D

    This would look amazing on a lock. If my main lock wasn't a fugly little gnome and the lock I'm currently playing (ironstevo) could actually have gear I would totally put this together.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Euphy! I would really like this on my priest but alas she's level 50 and I can't stand running ICC! my guild does it so much I get tired of itttt. haha. You're still playing your ironman challenge characters? Any you have that are still going strong?

      Delete
    2. Still playing em, and having a blast. Ironstevo is just about level 80. =) Will probably stick with the ironman thing till MoP is released. Glad to see you back Dreamy! ^-^

      Delete
  2. Loving this too :) My warlock has some of this set left over from ICC days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. not fan of the chest but rest is nice

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome set , perhaps with http://www.wowhead.com/item=30278#reward-from-q for those that want to use a 1hander just need to find a fitting offhand then

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chest is a really really rare drop.. :/, is there any more chests that can replace this?

    ReplyDelete