Sunday, February 19, 2012

Transmog: Agent Orange

This is a mail set for my hunter. My favorite color has always been bright orange, and it's really a pity there's not more of it in the game when it comes to armor. The sad thing is that probably not many will enjoy the set because it's mostly newer content armor, and you are probably sick of fire colored things by now. It just so happened to be that THIS expansion was the one that dumped all the orange and red armor all over us, so much so that it's not even interesting anymore. Regardless, I still want my orange set, I really wish it could have been more orange. If anyone out there is willing to take a stab at a request for an orange set, I would be much obliged.



This item can go for a pretty penny on the AH. It drops from a rare demon spawn in shadowmoon valley called Collidus the Warp-Watcher, along with 3 other types/colors of the same item. One is mail, one is cloth, one is leather and one is plate. Find out more about this spawn and where it roams over at WoW Rare Spawns!
Chest - Flamewaker's Tunic (Justice)
Legs - Flamewaker's Legguards (Justice)
Feet - Hurricane Boots (Crafted: Leatherworking)
Hands - Unclean Surgical Gloves (Icecrown Citadel)
Wrist - Doesn't matter, you can't see them.
Belt - Belt of the Blood Nova (Icecrown Citadel)
Shoulders - Horrific Flesh Epaulets (Icecrown Citadel)
Back - Cromush's Cloak (Quest)
Polearm - Ranseur of Hatred (BOE, drop in Firelands)
Gun - Arcanite Steam Pistol (The Eye)

Here's a picture from the front, with the gun:


HUNTER BONUS ROUND!

Pets that work best with this set are fiery, orangey pets of course. Here's a list of my top picks for orange pets.

Orange Ravager - So bright! So orange! So cool looking!
Orange and Black Spider - Colors match perfectly, and if you're into pvp you can still look stylish!
Orange Fire Spider - This guy is a rare, and from what I hear a bit tricky to tame. Lovely glowing orange is great with the glowing orange on this set!
Red Core Hound - Can't go wrong with this classic.More glowing reds and oranges make a great match.
Two-Headed Red Vulture - If you're into birds, this guy matches nicely.
Red Runed Demon Dog - I love this pet. So cool looking and those glowing bits are so bright!
Brown Spiked Raptor - Awesome dinosaur action! Despite the name, this guy is orange and matches wonderfully!
Orange Striped Saber Cat - Tigers match pretty well, not my top choice but AWWW, it's a tiger!
Orange Deep Sea Crab - This guy looks nice, and if you're looking for a tenacity pet, he's perfect!
Ancient fire Turtle - This guy is a little more red than orange, but he's a great looking pet, and glowy!
Yellow Worm - I've never been into worms, but this guy is a yellowish orange that matches the set great!
Grey and Orange Felboar - This guy looks awesome, and has BRIGHT neon orange spikes!
Orange Shale Spider - I really love shale spiders, they are like elementals we can tame. I really love this orange guy.

8 comments:

  1. Oooooo! I really like this one. Nice color combos and that eye patch just looks....badass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I suggest a theme song? REM's Orange Crush.

    Fantastic look, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Opps o__o; I didn't even realize. I'll get right on fixing that. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. Please fix it!

      Delete
    3. Hey, thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. Mirren's Drinking Hat is the perfect headpiece for you! (it even has dutch striping)
    I'm afraid it's alliance only tho :(

    ReplyDelete